Monday, September 26, 2022

1972 Coast To Coast Surveys - OHIO - September 22nd

 

Boy, that one sure came out of nowhere!!!

I'm talking about "My Ding-A-Ling" topping the chart on this WIXY / Cleveland, Ohio ...

Have we even seen this one on a chart before?  (And here's it's already in its THIRD week at #1!!!)

And think about this ...

The last time Chuck Berry, Elvis Presley and Rick Nelson were all in The Top 15 at the same time had to be 1958!!!  Yet here they are, all vying for position against some of the biggest names in music, circa 1972!

All kinds of modern-day teen idols represented here, too ... 

From Michael Jackson to Donny Osmond to David Cassidy ... last week's Mississippi chart even had Rick Springfield thrown in for good measure!

And check out that top albums list ... how many of these LP's did YOU own (and play the heck out of) back in the day??? (I've got nine on my count!)

I also love seeing Gladstone on the chart at #29 with "A Piece Of Paper," one of my favorites from '72.  (This one just missed making my Top 40 Favorites List that we counted down last week on Phil Nee's "Those Were The Days" program.)

You'll find some pretty good songs in this week's Top 30 ... including a nice mix of personal favorites like "Use Me" by Bill Withers, "Burning Love" by Elvis Presley, "Alone Again (Naturally)" by Gilbert O'Sullivan, "I'd Love You To Want Me" by Lobo, "If I Could Reach You" by The Fifth Dimension, "Thunder And Lightning" by Chi Coltrane and "Good Time Charlie's Got The Blues," a song we featured last week by Danny O'Keefe ... and as a "guilty pleasure" on this past weekend's countdown.  (kk)