Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Happy Valentine's Day!


Oh my God … it’s even worse than I thought!

Here is the Billboard / Sirius XM Cupid Countdown for Valentine’s Day …

Seriously … is this the way YOU remember the biggest love songs of this era?

And I’ve also got to question just what defines a love song here.

Anyway, this is their compilation, not mine … so I’m presenting here if only so you can share in the frustration of how these things are put together!  (kk)

Presented in “Countdown Order” …

#50 - “More Than Words,” Extreme
#49 - “Crazy for You,” Madonna
#48 - “(Love Is) Thicker Than Water,” Andy Gibb
#47 - “The First Time,” Surface
#46 - “I Think I Love You,” The Partridge Family Starring Shirley Jones featuring David Cassidy
#45 - “If You Leave Me Now,” Chicago
#44 - “Love Will Keep Us Together,” The Captain & Tennille
#43 - “Can’t Fight This Feeling,” REO Speedwagon
#42 - “(They Long To Be) Close to You,” Carpenters
#41 - “I Feel the Earth Move,” Carole King

#40 - “Islands in the Stream,” Kenny Rogers duet with Dolly Parton
#39 - “Thinking Out Loud,” Ed Sheeran
#38 - “Vision of Love,” Mariah Carey
#37 - “Woman in Love,” Barbra Streisand
#36 - “Evergreen (Love Theme From ‘A Star Is Born’),” Barbra Streisand
#35 - “Fallin’,” Alicia Keys
#34 - “I’ll Be There,” Jackson 5
#33 - “Kiss You All Over,” Exile
#32 - “Breathe,” Faith Hill
#31 - “Crazy Little Thing Called Love,” Queen

#30 - “Because You Loved Me,” Celine Dion
#29 - “The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face,” Roberta Flack
#28 - “All of Me,” John Legend
#27 - “My Love,” Paul McCartney & Wings
#26 - “Do That to Me One More Time,” Captain & Tennille
#25 - “Best of My Love,” The Emotions
#24 - “Waiting for a Girl Like You,” Foreigner
#23 - “I Swear,” All-4-One
#22 - “Nothing Compares 2 U,” Sinead O’Connor
#21 - “You’re Still the One,” Shania Twain

#20 - “Just the Way You Are,” Bruno Mars
#19 - “Rush Rush,” Paula Abdul
#18 - “Because I Love You (The Postman Song),” Stevie B
#17 - “(Just Like) Starting Over,” John Lennon
#16 - “Lady,” Kenny Rogers
#15 - “Let Me Love You,” Mario
#14 - “Perfect,” Ed Sheeran duet with Beyoncé
#13 - “I Will Always Love You,” Whitney Houston
#12 - “No One,” Alicia Keys
#11 - “Let’s Get It On,” Marvin Gaye

#10 - “Silly Love Songs,” Wings
#  9 - “Truly Madly Deeply,” Savage Garden
#  8 - “I Just Want To Be Your Everything,” Andy Gibb
#  7 - “How Deep Is Your Love,” Bee Gees
#  6 - “I’ll Make Love to You,” Boyz II Men
#  5 - “(Everything I Do) I Do It for You,” Bryan Adams
#  4 - “Tonight’s the Night (Gonna Be Alright),” Rod Stewart
#  3 - “Endless Love,” Diana Ross & Lionel Richie
#  2 - “You Light Up My Life,” Debby Boone

#  1 - “How Do I Live,” LeAnn Rimes

Hold on ...

My all-time favorite love song is missing from the list ...

Overlooked once again ...

Sirius radio does have a 60's Love Song Count-Down. You can listen on the Sirius App anytime you wish. The songs were voted by US, the listeners. I am listening live right now and after three songs, I am in the state of romance and memories. 
P.S. I did listen to Cupid Radio and while there were songs of merit (based on my thinking entirely) there were so many that were just not love song worthy. Besides being Billboard related, they stated it was based on lyrics. I couldn't understand some of them and disagree totally with other lyrics. However, this is what makes music subjective and open to all.
Shelley J Sweet-Tufano

And leave it to our Forgotten Hits “Gangsta of Love,” Chuck Buell, to find this rather unique take on Valentine's Day

A Day to show Your One and Only Sweetheart Your Never-Ending Love!

But wait! What if you had a relationship with a former lover that didn’t end well and for whom you have absolutely no affection for anymore! What then on this sacred “Day of Love?”

The San Antonio, Texas Zoo to the Rescue! 

For Valentine’s Day, they once again offered their “Cry Me a Cockroach Valentine’s Day Special” for one's not so Special Valentine. It’s a Valentine’s greeting for exes as only they could come up with!

For those who paid $10, the Zoo named a cockroach after their not-so-special someone and fed it to an animal!  What?!  Well, that’s a cold, but direct message that they no longer cared for them!

But if that were not enough, some also chose a digital Valentine’s Day Card which informed their past year’s Valentine that a cockroach was named after them and then fed to a Zoo animal!  WHEW!

Now for those really harsh breakups, there were a couple of other options.

For $5, some chose to name a vegetable that was fed to an animal.  And for what I can only surmise for a pretty bitter split, $25 for a . . . rodent! Also named and fed to a Zoo inhabitant! WHOA!

But wait!  There’s more?!  “You bet, Pardner!  After all, this IS Texas!”

Those who really wanted to be sure their Ex got their "Hasta la vista" message, $150 got them an added personalized video message to the recipient showing their cockroach, vegetable or rodent being devoured by an animal!  YOWZER!

Hey! I didn’t make any of this up!  This San Antonio Zoo’s Valentine’s Day “Special” is a bonafide hit. While numbers are not finalized for this year yet, last year the Zoo received more than 8,000 requests from all 50 states and over 30 different countries breaking the record of the year before!

And with that in mind, here’s my Chuck Buell “Get Outta My Life” Minute Medley!

CB ( which stands for “Cupid Boy!” )

Clever ...

But EXPENSIVE!!!

I prefer to let my true feelings be known in song ...

(We are, after all, Forgotten Hits!!!)  kk

  

(Then again ...

Is there really anything you want more for Valentine's Day than Sex and Candy???)