Monday, November 2, 2020

November 2nd, 1970


As expected (promised?), The Partridge Family move into the #1 spot this week with their first hit record, "I Think I Love You."  (This track was virtually inescapable at the time ... I still cringe every time I hear those opening notes ... but have to admit that I have warmed to the song a bit more over time ... it only took me fifty years to do so!  Lol)

"Fire And Rain" moves into the #3 slot (another likely #1 Record down the line) while "Gypsy Woman," "The Tears Of A Clown" and "Yellow River" all make impressive Top Ten moves.

"Let's Work Together" continues to climb up the chart for Canned Heat ... but the big mover this week belongs to Bobby Bloom and his debut hit, "Montego Bay," which climbs from #35 to #18 this week, a jump of 17 places.


Right behind it is Stevie Wonder's latest, "Heaven Help Us All," which jumps from #34 to #19, a 15 point move.

And check out that elusive "Good Day" by Bobby Trend track ... it enters The Top 20 with a bullet this week!

Andy Kim's got the top debut of the week with his remake of "Be My Baby" ... and Chicago is back (premiering at #35) with "Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?" 




"El Condor Pasa" seems to be fizzling out for Simon and Garfunkel ... while Edwin Starr's "War" spends its last week on the chart down in the #40 spot.