Saturday, October 7, 2023

Hello Dollies!

>>>If you’ve ever dreamed about undressing Stevie Nicks, (and let's face it, who hasn't)  kk 

UH, KENT? 

ME! 

Yes, I loved undressing, designing, sewing and redressing ANY Barbie to show my inner theatre ... but, the thought of her looking like Stevie Nicks was just never a desire of any kind. 

This Barbie Movie has brought out the inner 12 year old boy in my male team here! Well, Mark Dawson says that every man has a 12 year old still living inside him and every woman stands there with her arms crossed saying, "Yep! He sure does!"

Shelley

 
"Well, Hello, Dollies!"

After I read this in FHs  ~~~

>>>Mattel has announced that they are releasing a limited edition Stevie Nicks Barbie Doll with a Barbie® doll in her likeness!!!  (kk)
 

I couldn't help but wonder,"Where could this lead?  WHAT other Forgotten Hits Singer in Concert would YOU like to see as a Barbie Doll?"

I'm going for the Non-Grease Mid-1970s Olivia Newton John!


Not that I have anything against Sandy Olsen but I already have her Tree Ornament!
 

And with this, when I push her Button, she sings, "You're the One That I Want!"  
[ Yeah, Baby! ]
CB!
 
I've got a few "collectible" Barbies in my collection ... some I just found too irresistible to pass up ...

A short while back I shared the story of the California Dream Barbie that my daughter (a HUGE Beach Boys fan) had growing up ...
 

I was even able to find an unopened one on eBay last Christmas which I gifted to her and HER daughter ...
 

But over the years I have also added the I Dream Of Jeannie Barbie to my collection ...
 
 
And, of course, the ELVIS and Barbie Gift Set ...

 
We still haven't seen the new Barbie movie yet (and at $25 to RENT on On Demand, I don't imagine we will be seeing it any time soon!!!) ...
 
But after Chuck Buell's recent Barbie House Pink article and all this movie hype (The Golden Globes are even creating a new special award category for Biggest Box Office Films just to be able to recognize a film like this!!!), I'd say this just may be the hottest thing happening again ... and I'm sure Mattel couldn't be happier!!!  (kk)


We recently ran THIS piece, too ...

Over her nearly 65 years, Barbie has worked as a doctor, a nurse, a dentist and a candy striper … a flight attendant, a pilot and an astronaut … a waitress and a cheerleader … a fashion model and a fashion designer … a police officer, an architect, an anthropologist, a tennis player, a teacher, a veterinarian, a travel agent, a rock star, and many, many more … and that doesn’t even include all the time she spent at the beach and in the military.  (Poor girl just can’t seem to hold a job!!!)  kk

For a list (and photographs) of over a hundred, check out this site:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alexalisitza/list-every-job-barbie-had

By the way, the collectible Stevie Nicks Barbie Doll has already sold out during the preorder phase ... (I think it took less than two days before they were all gone) ... and they're already all over eBay for prices ranging from about $150 to one crazy nutbag who's got his listed for $65,000!!!  (Good luck with that!)

Obviously, people were snatching up multiple copies because several dealers will have 10-12 dolls available when they actually become available on November 10th.  (Frannie wants one SO bad!!!)  kk