Saturday, September 19, 2026

The Saturday Survey

We called it ...  The Association take over the top spot on this week's chart with their classic '60's ballad "Cherish."  "Bus Stop" and "Black Is Black" are two of my other Top Ten Favorites.

One week after their television series premiers, The Monkees rocket up 17 places as "Last Train To Clarksville" jumps from #40 to #23.  The Surfaris' three year old hit "Wipe Out" has found new life on this 1966 chart ... it earns a bullet this week as it moves up from #21 to #15.  "96 Tears" by ? and the Mysterians continues its climb as well, up a dozen spots to #13.

"Psychotic Reaction" moves into the #29 slot in its third week on the slot.  That's a gain of 21 places from the week before.  And I have to admit that I kinda like Frank Sinatra's breezy tune "Summer Wind," which now sits at #31.

Eric Burdon and the Animals (yeah, that's their new name) have another hit on their hands as "See See Rider" climbs from #68 to #40 in its third week on the chart.  And Dusty Springfield's latest, "All I See Is You," makes a 35 point leap from #88 to #53.  Meanwhile, our FH Buddy Tommy Roe jumps 29 notches with his latest, "Hooray For Hazel."  Will it follow "Sweet Pea" into The Top Ten?

 

(I don't think that's what he meant!)  kk