Monday, January 2, 2012

And Now, On With The Countdown ... #80 - #71

As we get closer to the top, we're really starting to hit the good stuff now!  Check out this list!

#80 - WILD THING by THE TROGGS

#79 - HELP ME RHONDA by THE BEACH BOYS

#78 - CRIMSON AND CLOVER by TOMMY JAMES AND THE SHONDELLS
(and another one of your psychedelic favorites)

#77 - YOU CAN'T HURRY LOVE by THE SUPREMES

#76 - THIS DIAMOND RING by GARY LEWIS AND THE PLAYBOYS
(Still one of my all-time favorites of this era) 


#75 - I CAN'T HELP MYSELF by THE FOUR TOPS
(Sugar Pie, Honey-Bunch, you know that I love you!!!)

#74 - DOWNTOWN by PETULA CLARK

#73 - I GET AROUND by THE BEACH BOYS
(According to Billboard, their very first #1 Record ... although they did top the Cash Box Chart a year earlier with "Surfin' USA")

#72 - SHE LOVES YOU by THE BEATLES
(Had "I Want To Hold Your Hand" not been as big as it was, I still believe this could have been / should have been The Beatles' biggest hit ... but it's tough to hit #1 when the top five songs on the chart are all by the same artist!!!)

#71 - LIGHT MY FIRE by THE DOORS