Wednesday, December 27, 2017

December 27th

The Lettermen jump 16 places as their medley of "Goin' Out Of My Head / Can't Take My Eyes Off You" moves from #58 to #42.  Meanwhile, Engelbert Humperdinck climbs from #72 to #47 with "Am I That Easy To Forget."  The Marvelettes have a brand new hit as "My Baby Must Be A Magician" jumps from #67 to #50 and The Hollies and Wilson Pickett also show strong upward movement with "Dear Eloise" (#60 to #51) and "I'm In Love" (#64 to #52) respectively.  



The Dave Clark Five move from #65 to #56 with "Everybody Knows" and the follow-up hit to "Expressway To Your Heart," "Explosion In Your Soul" by The Soul Survivors, climbs from #82 to #60, a jump of 22 places.  "Little Becky's Christmas Wish" by Becky Lamb (I don't even KNOW this one!!!) climbs from #90 to #67 just in time for the holiday celebration and several of my personal favorites are also on the upswing this week:  "Baby, Now That I've Found You" by The Foundations (#85 to #75), "Skip A Rope" by Henson Cargill (#87 to #76), "I Wonder What She's Doing Tonight" by Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart (#95 to #80) and "Spooky" by The Classics IV, which moves from #92 to #81.  





Bob Dylan's "John Wesley Harding" album is released.  


Paul McCartney appears on The David Frost Programme, filmed before a live audience in Wembley, to answer some of the criticism levied at their holiday television special "Magical Mystery Tour".


The Doors performed "Light My Fire" on The Jonathan Winters Show on CBS