Monday, July 20, 2020

July 20th, 1970


The Carpenters sit on top of the WCFL Chart again this week ... "O-o-h Child" holds at #2 while "Make It With You" by Bread climbs to #3.

Stevie Wonder continues to make big strides up the chart as "Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours" climbs another 14 spots to land at #15 this week.

Mark Lindsay's got another solo hit as "Silver Bird" climbs 13 spots to #22 ... and Crow makes an impressive 11 point move to #26 with "Cottage Cheese."  (Personally, I'd rather listen to it than eat it!  lol)

My all-time favorite Blood, Sweat and Tears tune, "Hi-De-Ho," premiers at #37 this week ... and Chicago's got a brand new rocker on the Hit Bound Chart with "25 or 6 to 4." 

And I will hereby acknowledge a long-time guilty pleasure of mine ... I absolutely LOVE the Bobby Sherman song "Julie, Do Ya Love Me," another one of this week's Hit Bound picks.  (Does this mean I have to turn in my Classic Rock Card???)