Saturday, December 24, 2022

Phil Nee Shares Another Series of Great Interviews With Us on Christmas Eve!

Happy Holidays to all from Richland Center, Wisconsin.  
 
Today I have three gifts from the treasure trove off tapes.  
 
We begin featuring a cut from a 1996 interview with Brenda Lee.  
 
She began singing professionally at the age of 6 and started her recording career a few years later. 
 
Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree was recorded in 1958 and it is still playing every holiday.  Brenda Lee is a member of the Rock and Roll,Country, and Rockabilly halls of fame.
 
 
Our second gift today is a track from Greg Lake.  
 
He was a member of King Crimson and Emerson, Lake, & Palmer.  
 
Greg joined me on the air in the late '90's and we talked about one of his songs that first hit the charts during the holiday season in 1975. Classic Rock Radio has kept I Believe In Father Christmas on its December airwaves ever since.
 
 
 
As a young boy, I always dreamed of the spectacular toys that might be under the tree on Christmas morning.  I still love it when I get a new gadget instead of socks and aftershave.  
 
Today I offer you Toys for Christmas with a choice track from 2001. 
 
Barbara Harris joined me on Those Were the Days.  We spoke about the trio's Top 5 1965 hit "A Lover's Concerto," a tune that was adapted from a Bach melody. 
 
 
MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYBODY!!!