Thursday, April 6, 2023

Shelley's Back!

And you won't believe who she's seen this time.

(Well, actually, you probably will ...  but that's OK ...

We're feeling especially generous today in a sharing sort of way!)  kk

We recently wrote ...

>>>Frequent Contributor and East Coast FH Rep Shelley Sweet-Tufano has sent us a recent concert review ...

And it's NOT Peter Noone this time!!!  (lol)

KENT, THIS ONE'S FOR YOU!

I just can't disappoint Kent! 
 
So when Herman's Hermits starring Peter Noone came within 40 minutes of me, I just had to go and write a review. 
 
I spent my concert in one of my favorite ways ... next to concert NEWBIES:  people who have not seen the performing group before in concert. I can get an unbiased opinion from people who are newcomers to a viewing. 
 
This couple were so gracious and glad to let me mingle with their experience. They had not even purchased the tickets but had been given their seats by others who could not attend and asked them if they wished to go. The only "catch" was that they had to send them pictures (which they did easily.) They were almost giddy with not knowing what to expect. 
 
We discussed concerts in general, and Tom Jones, in particular. They have attended several of Tom's concerts and at times, were among the youngest watching, but at others, among the eldest watching. We kidded about the fact that if underwear could have been removed before the concert ended, there would still be undies flying high at his shows. 

I fill them in on the basics of the banned, and the names involved. Unfortunately, drummer Dave Ferrara is not here so I inform them that guitarist Billy Sullivan will be at "beat" for tonight.  I did not bring extra glowsticks ... but find extra Union Jacks in my bag. (No, I don't know why I have extra flags, but no glowsticks) So when 'Vindaloo' begins we all join in on the wave ...
 
Their first reactions and comments:
 
"The band is so good together."
"How long have they been together?"
They ask the whereabouts of the original Herman's Hermits. I fill them in.

So true about the banned! They marvel throughout on how the banned is in tune with Peter's antics and occasional foibles and maintain a high standard of musicianship. 
 
As for Peter himself?
 
"He's so funny!"
"OMG! Listen to his voice!"
"This is so much fun!"
"He's so funny!"
"He's so good!"
"I just looked him up on my phone. It says he's 75."
"He's so funny!"
"He can't be 75"
"I love this song!"
"He doesn't act like he's 75."
"He's so good."
"He just doesn't seem like he's 75."

OK! So much happiness is swirling around, but since I, like the rest of us, am getting older on a continuous basis, I wonder what a 75 year old is supposed to look and act like? Anyway, he is a baby in the industry of the British Invasion and his dad, Mick Jagger, is still going strong. Yes, Peter does 'Jumpin' Jack Flash,' which sparks more speculation.
 
"Look at him go!"
"He's so funny!"

They had a BALL! They were so glad they said yes to the tickets and plan on attending more shows. 
 
Did I have fun? How could I not? I was next to virgin concert goers at a Herman's Hermits starring Peter Noone concert. 

Thank you, Peter, Vance Brescia, Rich Spina and Billy Sullivan! Welcome back to Connecticut.

The set list:

SOMETHING GOOD
WONDERFUL WORLD
LOVE POTION #9
DANDY
A MUST TO AVOID
RING OF FIRE - with Johnny Cash singing
DAYDREAM BELIEVER
SEA CRUISE
LEANIN' ON A LAMP POST
a 30 sec. snippet of Jumpin Jack Flash
ALL MY LOVING
JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER
SILHOUETTES
LISTEN PEOPLE
I'M AT THE WALL STREET THEATRE IN NORWALK, CT TONIGHT
NO MILK TODAY
END OF THE WORLD (ooooooooh)
JUMPIN' JACK FLASH 
CAN'T YOU HEAR MY HEARTBEAT
MRS. BROWN
HENRY VIII
THERE'S A KIND OF HUSH

And a reminder folks! Autograph lines are back! Peter had one tonight and Jay and the Americans had one in March.

Adios from your Northeast Concert Correspondent. 
See you soon.
Shelley J Sweet-Tufano