Saturday, October 12, 2024

THE SATURDAY SURVEY

 

As expected, "Do Wah Diddy Diddy" moves into the top spot, knocking Roy Orbison's "Oh, Pretty Woman" down a notch.  Martha and the Vandellas hold at #3 with "Dancing In The Street" ... and this has got the makings of another awesome Top Ten!

"Baby Love" makes another incredible move from #34 to #11 ... it's a sure-fire #1 Hit to come ... while "Have I The Right" by The Honeycombs, "Come A Little Bit Closer" by Jay and the Americans, "Ride The Wild Surf" by Jan and Dean, "The Door Is Still Open To My Heart" by Dean Martin, "I'm Crying" by The Animals and "Everybody Knows (I Still Love You)" by The Dave Clark Five all make moves of ten places or more within this week's Top 40.

"I Don't Want To See You Again" by Peter and Gordon, "Ain't That Lovin' You Baby" by Elvis Presley, "You Really Got Me" by The Kinks, "Leader Of The Pack" by The Shangri-Las, "She's Not There" by The Zombies, "Is It True" by Brenda Lee, "Wendy" by The Beach Boys and "Time Is On My Side," the new one by The Rolling Stones,  are definitely records to watch as they make their way up the chart.