Monday, August 10, 2015

50 Year Flashback - August 10th, 1965

Check out the #1 Record in Milwaukee on WOKY for this week in 1965 ... it's TV Star Patty Duke's "Don't Just Stand There", always one of MY favorites, too (even if it is pretty much a note-for-note rip-off of Lesley Gore's "You Don't Own Me"!!!  I didn't care ... I loved THAT one, too!!!)

"Help!" makes a big jump from #10 to #4 this week ... and check out Sonny and Cher's "I Got You Babe" ... up from #24 to #10.

Future Monkee Davy Jones debuts at #33 with "What Are We Going To Do", a record that was all but ignored in Billboard (where it peaked at #93).

I've always been partial to the Dean Martin hit "Houston" (up four places to #31) ... and I really like the Chad and Jeremy record premiering at #35 this week, too.  ("I Don't Wanna Lose You Baby')

Check out the jock list.  By the end of the year, Chicago's WCFL would switch to a Top 40 Format ... and Barney Pip would jump ship to join the Men from Ten and start turning Chicagoans into peanut butter with his EXTREMELY popular late night radio program.